Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday in NH

Start off with a hike up Mt Cardigan. I think it was 3:30 of hiking. Great day for it, so often you get to the top and have no view. It was one of the better views we've had in awhile.


Matt, Genine, Amy, Fiona, Shawn

We then went back to the house, had a quick lunch and left for Sculptured Rocks again. It's amazing how popular that place is now. Again there was no chance for a photo without people.
But here is Shawn landing the can opener.

After we finished up at Sculptured Rocks. Shawn and Amy headed to Bristol to pick up groceries for dinner. Genine and Fiona went to the beach. I decided the only way I was going to get a run in today is if I would run from Sculptured Rocks to the Beach. So I ran the 7 miles back to the beach, for as hot as it was it was a pretty good run (86 or higher is my guess). I forget what the pace was, just under 9 min/miles probably. The part I liked was my frame of mind. I could have run a long way today, I was in a running mood. If I could have a similar mindset for the Tango run, even if the pace isn't there, at least I'll be ready to take on the next event.

At the beach, Fiona was running Genine through a swim workout. They were on kick board sets shortly after I arrived. Just my luck.... I decided I'd put the fins on and work on fly. Still pretty ugly. I think I'm not fast enough to get 2 kicks done at the right time. Well that's part of it anyhow...
Shawn showed up very close to park closing. So we got 2 lengths of the beach in. With the fins, my toes ended up cramping and crossing. I eventually couldn't take it anymore and had to pull the fin off to get it to chill. It cramped because I was trying to keep up with Shawn. My shoulders were pretty shot and my legs were too. I should have just kept it to a recovery swim and focused on relaxing and staying in good form. We didn't have much time anyhow, so it wasn't a big deal.
Shawn and Amy cooked salmon for us for dinner. Fantastic dinner! It was a great meal to finish a very busy day. They head back to Pennsylvania tomorrow. It's been great having them here.

Now that Genine has seen the road leading to Cardigan, she wants to get her Hybrid bike out tomorrow and give that ride a try. She wants to be ready for the Tango bike and this would be a good test.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Great workouts. Keep it up. Nice view.