Monday, July 7, 2008

More from Matt

Genine and I went riding this morning. We started out doing the easy part of the ride, which was good. I needed a warmup before going up hatch run road. It was a good ride, Genine is really enjoying the road bike. I think I was over 40mph on the downhill, Genine started to use her brakes around 34mph she said. I'm guessing she will be more comfortable on the bike when we are there again in August. The road is in great condition, a really good place for her to gain confidence on her downhills.
Then we packed up to head out. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't catch up with Todd or Jim.
Well we stopped by Genine's parent's store to tell them goodbye and Todd pulled up with the kids. That was cool. I knew I'd catch up with him in August but it was funny that I was just thinking about it.
Then about 15 miles out of town Jim called. So we got to talk Tango. He and Shawn have talked and they have a plan. Jim will find a 3rd relay person to join them at the last minute if he feels that they are needed. Good plan.
We also need to find safety canoe people. Jerry can be half of one canoe. Todd thinks he will be working, so he's out. Scotty and Kryste will be home, not sure of their availability.
I do think I've located 2 or 3 fiberglass canoes this weekend as well, I figure the more we have to choose from the better.
Oh! The woman from the Tourism Board that sponsored Craig and I told me today, that it would be nice if we won the whole thing. Then said she was kidding, just go have fun. I told her having fun won't be a problem, can't make any promises on the placement. This is fun right?

3 comments:

CSquared said...

I was checking with my Nephew, he is going to be in Williamsport, PA and won't be back until late on that Saturday, so he is out.

My dad has Warren County Fair stuff going on, but my mom said she might be available and could help out.

It might be a little tighter this year. But I will keep looking.

Wasn't there a deal to pay for a support canoe.

catmarlson said...

Looks like we need to stay on top of this.
It was an extra $25 to have the support canoe. I guess if you go that route your canoe could be sitting down at the river ready to go earlier in the day?

Actually it wasn't an extra $25. They deduct $25 from the listed prices if you have your own support canoe.

GC said...

I talked to Kryste tonight. Scotty should be available to run 1 safety canoe, but not sure about her. With Ian to consider, she will probably work out better as part of the "pit crew" with my mom to get cars, food, change of clothes, etc ready at each transition.

Wonder if Michelle would be up to rowing a safety canoe? I don't think that is too much injury risk prior to the wedding...right?