Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday in NH

Shawn and family headed out this morning. We didn't even schedule a 7AM run or anything before they had to leave :-).
Genine and I were planning on riding for a couple hours this afternoon. They have paved about halfway around Newfound Lake so we decided we would take advantage of the perfect roads. We started at the park and headed north to Hebron. When we stopped there Genine was telling me her hip was bothering her. Of course she wasn't asking to stop, she was hoping it would work itself out. So we headed back the other direction. I decided I was going to hammer this stretch, about 5.4 miles in 16:22, avg speed 19.9 mph. (I really thought I had managed above 20 finally, ah well).
Genine caught up and was upset that she was not able to make this hip problem go away. She didn't want to quit so we went towards Alexandria because it's flat. Once we got there she decided it wasn't worth it, so we headed back to the car. It wasn't a bad ride, just not what we were hoping for. I finished 15.3 miles in just under 50 minutes.
Eric and Ryan arrived shortly after we got back to the house, so we packed up and headed to the beach. I didn't swim laps today, my shoulders felt like they needed a break. I continued to work on my Fly Kick. Nothing new to report, still flailing.

No comments: