Monday, July 28, 2008

My Grandma

Just so you all know, Grandma Kinley (my mom's mom) passed away Saturday. She was 92. So, my week became a little busy on the driving side. She was struggling with her physical health, but still lived alone and mentally real sharp. Had made clothes for my kids as late as this past Christmas. She was in the hospital for what they thought was fatigue and medication issues. I spoke to her Friday and she thought she might go home by Monday because she felt so good. She had done her cross word puzzle, the sudoku puzzle, watched both Jeoapardy & Wheel of Fortune, and read her bible that day. My brother talked to her Saturday morning and she told him she still felt good. Saturday afternoon and evening was a different story. Her heart just ran out of ticks as she would have told me. A little shock when I got the call, but not totally unexpected based on her health.

I spoke to my mom last night, to let her off the hook on getting back to Warren for the race. She told me I didn't need to do that that she would be there for the race. She said she has Ron setup to help move canoes and please bring Eleanor, because Sandy can watch her during the swim. She also said Dad has commitments to the Warren County fair, so they have to get back. She said she will be back to Grandma's many times to take care of all the affairs, that she would enjoy helping us.

I ran yesterday which helped keep my mind in good perspective. I did a 4+ mile run with a good downhill run and a good uphill run in it. My legs felt rough. The 5k the day before had a nice hill in it and my buttocks hurt from running. I hope to rest a little this week, but want to get in one good bike ride tonight.

I know I will get comments with condolences and I thank you in advance for your thoughts.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Great job running.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandma. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. It is challenging no matter age the person is.

GC said...

Our sympathies to you and your family. It may be a good thing for your mom to be able to still help for the tango. Hopefully it will provide her the chance to refocus on something fun for a little while.

Casey said...

We are so sorry for your loss. We will be praying for your grandmother, your mom and your family.