Saturday, July 5, 2008

Checking out the Tango Course

Craig, Genine and I drove the Tango bike course today. I'm glad Craig wants to do this leg of the race. I certainly don't have the right bike to make that a very fun ride. Genine doesn't either but I think she will end up using her sister's or mom's bike.
Then we went over to the beach to check out the orienteering section of the event. We did not find any type of trail which leads up to Rim Rock. So that wasn't a very successful trip. We did drive up top, so Genine could see where the few trails are. We then walked around down the "Lord of the Rings" Stairs. If you go to the left down there, the rocks have some massive cracks in them. When you stood just below them, it was like standing in front of an air conditioner. It was pretty amazing.
Missed my 10 mile run this morning. We were out until about 2AM and there was Yuengling... Need I say more. Genine and I did get a bit of a bike ride in this afternoon which was good. She is enjoying the road bike. I can't wait to get to NH so we can get some longer rides in. She wants to try and recreate the race day scenario and hammer the course on the new bike so she can compare numbers. Should be fun :-)

4 comments:

SJV said...

I find it so amazing that you never went up there before. I should take you inside some of those caves sometime. One of the bigger ones goes quite a ways back and ends in a pretty good sized room where I used to have picnics. I'm not sure I could still make it in there now. I used to have dreams of being inside, eating lunch, and growing just enough that I couldn't get back out.

It would be really funny if Thad put one of the points inside a cave, but that would be really confusing on the map, so I guess it's not a good idea. I'm not familiar with any path up from the beach either, but we always drove up and went down from there. Even so, I never saw any paths going down the hill.

My workouts have been...uh, how shall I put this? Let's just say missing. They have been missing and I need to find them.

catmarlson said...

At the reunion tonight, I talked with Eric F. about the path up to Rim Rock. He says it does exist. Way off to the far end of the parking lot. Then you've got to go 100 yards or so up into the woods before you see it. Hmmmm, we walked quite a distance today and didn't come up with it. I believe another scouting session is in order.
Talk to Genine about the bike course, that should motivate you back into working out.

GC said...

As Matt says, "Fear is a great motivator." Well, after seeing the Tango bike course...I say, "Be afraid, be VERY afraid!" OMG!!

CSquared said...

Some people say Fear is right next to bravery, but I looked it up and it was fealty and feasible. The bravery side I got braunschweiger and brawl. So you see feudal lords, something being possible, German sausage, and a fight have as much to do with fear as bravery does.

Your welcome!