Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving Right Along . . .

Tango - 26 X 1.75 on the mountain bike, semi- aggressive mountain tread but smooth enough to keep me going fast on the paved. 4oz of Slime in each tire, with slime liners to protect the tubes. I need to order these tires and get them on the mountain bike. Looking at putting a double on the crank rather than the triple or at least a larger cog for the big one on the triple. With just the one hill that is not in the woods but paved road, this should do. Also looking to put aero bars on the mountain bike.

Starting to train like I have to do a half marathon (even though Matt is doing the Half). With 6+ orienteering and a 4 mile transition, after the bike, I will need the ability to run a Half. Matt will be close to 20 miles running and 2.2 mile swim before we canoe. Ughh! The crazy people doing the whole thing.

I was wondering about Shawn's partner. If Shawn bikes and swims, he is leaving his partner with a potential marathon. Better get someone who likes to run.

Looking at a sprint tri July 26, in Clarksburg, WV. Cecil Jarvis Memorial Sprint. It was listed in the HFP book we got at Morgantown. Only about an hour from the house. Don't want to fill my weekends. June has been very busy and some house work needs done, so I will see if I can squeeze in.

I am not taking my bike to Warren for the weekend. I want to scope out Tango bike, but will drive it, also want to scope out Rimrock area where the orienteering occurs. I will have me running shoes, and me wetsuit. Looks like an on again off again weekend with the rain.

High School Class reunion, 20 yrs, this Saturday. Looking to see who has changed or who has not, or who changed and is now back the way they were (I heard they can pay to have that done now, new teeth and everything). Genine was talking about at Bloomingdales they were celebrating or embracing the GLBT community. I hope the T is one thing I don't have to figure out at the class reunion (don't worry you will get it eventually, it involves rainbows).

My biggest problem will be recognizing people, well really putting a name with the face. A skill I am not good at. Do you think they will mind if I call all the men "Buddy" and all the woman "Honey". Makes it easier for me.

4 comments:

catmarlson said...

Wow! Bike upgrades! Don't get too speedy on the bike. I'm going to need some time between the run and swim :-).
Which reminds me. I need to test my swim times while in NH. With the pullover and without. I'm guessing the water will be warm and it might be good if I just use the bibjohn to keep my legs from dropping.
Also, I need to remember a plastic bag to help get the wetsuit on. I doubt I'll be cool and dry, and those things can be tough to get into once you are wet.

Reunion: Wonder if I can find some Ocean Pacific shorts and a white Panama Jack shirt to wear? Oh and of course Docksiders without socks.

CSquared said...

Upgrade or downgrade I hope to be speedy over last year.

I don't have time to grow a mullet, but I can get a do-rag to wear, maybe with a fake mullet hanging out the back.

We need to be playing some Guns n Roses, or Poison would be good.

catmarlson said...

It is kind of surprising that you are living in WV without a mullet. :-)
That fake one with the do-rag might get more use than you think.
WV Company Xmas party... WV weddings...

CSquared said...

The funny part is you think those two events would be separate parties. If someone is flipping the bill you squeeze it in.