Thursday, July 17, 2008

All are well

Eleanor came through flying colors. Her eyes are bothering her, but she was a great patient and very positive about the experience. Thank you for your thoughts. Funny thing is we won't know the end results until 4 to 6 weeks. She has an appointment on Monday, so we will know better than.

Now, I ran last night 3 miles. NO SOCKS! I am looking past the Tango a little. I have determined that in the Morgantown Sprint, I can do without socks. My new Nike shoes worked well. I tried this two years ago and got blisters. I think all runs under 4 miles may be sockless to get them conditioned for it.

Tuesday rode a tough mountain bike course. I went the opposite direction of my last ride. I realize why I was so scared going down, because it was super steep going up. I was burning. The downhill was nicer this time. All gravel road but controllable. I am going to add a long level ride before this hill on my next ride. No flats, tires are taking a beating. I will switch out with new tires and tubes before the TANGO, but no skinnies this year.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

Good to hear about Elanor. I'm not sure I'd do as well. They make all those funny drugs for people like me.

As for blisters, my issue is with the tops of my feet in my shoes. I suppose for a 5K I could deal with it.

I don't think you are going to give me much time to rest before my swim. I'm looking forward to seeing you ride in on schedule this year.