Monday, July 21, 2008

12% Effort

I am not sure what 12% grade on a hill looks like, but I found what I believe to be the steepest paved road in the county I live in. It could only be a little over a kilometer, but the switch backs were awful. Aerobic threshold is a concept that I became aware of. I did this ride Friday, part of a 12 mile ride with another nasty hill, less steep but longer. These are roads I would never take the road bike on. On the steep hill I could not breath. I was really wanting to stop, but I just remembered how mad I was when I got a flat and thought I will be faster if I don't stop. I feel good afterwards, which means not too much pain the next day.

Hard, fast run yesterday. 5 miles @ better than 9 min/mile pace. Trying to keep up with the running. Kids here there every where is keeping my running time to a minimum, but getting every other day in, and am doing long runs, for me, so TANGO isn't so much a shock. I am hoping the TANGO is not 90 and humid, but if we are fast enough it won't effect us nearly as much. We will be canoing during the hot part of the day.

No comments: