Sunday, July 27, 2008

Boom Goes the Dynamite!

Eleanor was not able to pull off a third consecutive year being first in her age group at the Rainday 1 mile run. She was second. What she did do was run a 10:37 mile as a six year old. This was about a minute faster than last year. She also beat her older brother and sister. I think what happened was Levi went out way to strong he was leading all three. At the turn around he cramped like a big dog and started to walk, but since he was in the lead Eleanor decided to catch him. She did.

I believe Maddy was pacing Eleanor, but seeing Levi in trouble stayed with him as Eleanor pulled away from them. Maddy was not hurting and wasn't going to. Levi's time was slower than last year, but we have a few things to work on. Maddy was slower, because she was helping the other two. They had fun, I was proud of all three and we got free passes to the local water park because we participated in the race.

Here is the Boom part. My father-in-law asked "How fast do you think you will go?" I said if I am under 24:30 I will be happy. Boom, I did a 23:13, I repeat a 23:13. I was stoked at the two mile mark because I was sitting at 15:30 minutes and felt good. My breathing was awesome and I had punch left in my legs. To some this time may seem a little slow, but you have to understand my fastest 5k race was 24:37. I had done a 24:13 once as a test run, but that is unofficial. You had to crest a small hill at the end then you could see the timing board at the finish. A guy I knew screamed at me to sprint and I could get 23:10, I looked up, and thought the clock must be wrong despite seeing a similar time on my watch. Boom!.

4 comments:

SJV said...

Awesome job, Cerras. You are a family of running fools!

GC said...

Congrats to the Cerra family on your fine running! Maddy must take after you, Craig, stopping to help those in need.

Eleanor's 10:37mile is awesome! Maybe
Shawn and I should start training with her! :-)

esther said...

great job, running family!

catmarlson said...

23:10. I like it! A little more for that KB2 team to think about!

Congrats to the whole "Team".