Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Now we are in trouble

Last I knew Maija was going to let me know if she was going to want to swim tonight. Well I hadn't heard from her at 7:30 so off the pool I go.
I haven't been to the pool by myself in months. I actually have to come up with some sort of workout on my own for a change. Here's what happened:
300 wu. I put fins on for the 2nd 100, didn't feel too good on the legs. Off they go.
So what's my mainset going to be if the fins aren't happening?
10x100 on 2:15 holding whatever my first 100 pace is.
I really expected to be on about 2:00, instead it was 1:50. Hmmm can I hold 1:50??
2nd one was 1:50, 3rd was 1:54... Nope! Not going to let that happen! 4-7 was 1:50. 8 was 1:52, 9-10 1:50.
This was encouraging. I stayed very relaxed, had good balance tonight and good arm recovery. I decided I didn't want to mess with the feel I had just accomplished by doing a bunch of sprints. So I did 200 cool down and headed home.

This is where the trouble begins. I get home, scan for updates on the blogs. Maija has a new post, I'll check it out.
Uh, oh.... I quickly checked my last email from her to make sure I wasn't going to get my butt kicked. By both Maija and Genine. (Genine because I'm messin' with her team).
Fortunately I found the email from Maija....I'll let you know about swimming tomorrow."
Next time I'll make sure I call no matter what. :-)

Lastly, I went to the chiropractor for my pre-race adjustments today. My right Hamstring is still problematic. He did some type of electrostim on it along with some heat therapy. I'm going to continue with the heat therapy, it seemed to help. The Chiropractor thing seems to be part of my routine. The other races have gone well. I hope the streak continues!

3 comments:

catmarlson said...

Uh oh. Just checked voicemail on my phone. Maija called when I was walking to the train station. I can never tell the phone is ringing while I'm walking.
Genine said "now you really are in trouble".
Sigh....

m said...

I will just be more rested for Saturday's swim. Ha Ha. It was mostly just a preventative swim-in case it is thunderstorming tonight.

catmarlson said...

"I will just be more rested for Saturday's swim."

I see a 54 minute swim on the list from last year. Can you beat it? I know Shawn is going to try. He has secret weapons tho'.

2.2 miles is 3540m. So he was swimming @ 1:32/100m pace right?
Of course, this was probably their only event of the day.