Wednesday, July 9, 2008

About 17 days to prepare for the Tango

About 17 days
I figure I will need a very easy week leading into the Tango. So I figure I’ve got to work hard for 16-17 days, while trying not to hurt myself in the process.

The run plan is in place. I just grabbed onto the Hal Higdon Half Marathon plan. After running up to the cottage the other day, I realize I should do most of my running on somewhat hilly terrain. I haven’t decided where to do this in NJ. (not that I’ll be there much). I would love for my legs to feel as ready to go as they did for the Brooklyn race. Just leave out the 2 month recovery please.

Swimming: Weather permitting, Newfound Lake will provide the training grounds and inspiration I need. Looking forward to it.

Canoe: Craig, I’m thinking you should be in the back of the canoe. Do you disagree?

4 comments:

CSquared said...

That was kind of a double negative on the question you asked me. At least I had trouble finding the right answer. The answer is "NO". I think, if I understand what you are asking me. But I wanted to answer "Yes", because the first comment made me want to agree with you. Do you see my dilemma?

I should be in the back. There probably is some weight thing where the heavier person should be in the back despite canoe knowledge or aptitude.s

m said...

Run at Round Valley Resevoir or Jockey Hollow.

CSquared said...

I have been looking for my Grandma's school, you know the one where you have to walk both ways . . uphill!

Now that would be training run.

catmarlson said...

"Run at Round Valley Reservoir or Jockey Hollow."

Yeah, I think that I need to become more familiar with those areas.
There is also the park near Basking Ridge that I need to check out.
It's always such a crunch for time. Can't there be a different run course right outside my front door every day of the week?