Monday, July 14, 2008

Training Pretty Good

Did my mountain bike ride last Thursday. Kids were all with Grandparents on Friday. Tamara, I and the unknown child went Rail Trail riding. We did a nice 14 mile ride. I think Tamara felt it Saturday. Our pace was not great, but this would have been her first ride of the year. Stopped at a nice park at the turn around and ate some dinner that we had packed. Went by a cool power plant, and by a dam/lock I hadn't been to yet. Very nice.

I ran 8 miles on Saturday. Nothing killer, except the heat. I walked at the 4 mile mark to eat a gel thingy which got me into a conversation with a guy weed whacking his bank. Over 80 yrs old, I was talking to him a minute when his hand came to his mouth and he took a drag off a cigarette. He must come from a good gene pool. Over 80, weed whacking on a 90 degree day with close to 100% humidity and taking a break to smoke a Lucky Strike, go figure. He still had a lot of work to do and it was about noon. It was done when I came to work today. Good for him.

I did feel the effects of the run later in the day. Couldn't get enough to eat. Eating plan is always a challenge, especially when so hot.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

8 miles, that is awesome. Are you sure you don't want to do the 13.1 mile run? :-)
Next training run, if you feel you can't run any further, skip the GU and smoke a cigarette instead. Maybe that guy is on to something.

Keep up the good work!