Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rimrock scouting report


Went up to rimrock for a while yesterday. I think the trail to Rimrock is between the 2 "upper " parking lots of Kinzua Beach. Oddly enough, it is only .8 miles from the beach parking lot to the rimrock parking lot. That is of course if you climb completely straight in one direction.

Most interesting of the trip was the thing that was seen just a couple hundred feet from the road and about 1.5 to 2 miles in the main access road ( see actual image above).

The next picture was taken of a friend of mine that teaches at Slippery Rock. I believe this was taken between Ridgway and Slippery Rock, but I'm not certain. maybe the whitecaps are a little further west??

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Trail or no trail, I think the best way is straight up the hill. I might have to go up on Friday and mark my own trail. The woods are not very thick from when Matt, Genine and I were there. Thank you for the report.

Nice picture of Ursus americanus. I bet that was exciting.

I recognize your friend, but who is the guy in the hat and t-shirt?

catmarlson said...

I laughed out loud when I got to the 2nd picture.
Of course if these were pictures from the Tango website. They'd have Kwik Fill / Red Apple logos on them somewhere. :-)