Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not to be outdone.

I can't let myself be outdone by Craig in the training/complaint department. I went back in the blog to see when my hip flexor issue happened last year. Then took a look in our spreadsheets to see how long I was sidelined. It was about 5 weeks or so. Arrrgh!
I didn't go the the chiropractor right away last year. It was about 4 weeks before I decided to see if he could help with this. Maybe because I was quicker to get some help and the fact I'm considerably stronger than I was last year, I can get through this quicker this year?
I'm going to dig in and see what I should and shouldn't do, to help this along.

This costs about the same as a visit to the chiropractor. Chi Recovery
I have a feeling the BioFreeze and Icy/Hot aren't that far off from this. Craig/Tamara any thoughts?

2 comments:

CSquared said...

You know me anything a little off the mainstream I am all for it. Tamara is not a big blog reader, but I will ask her about it.

I have done the herbal toxin patches on the bottom of the foot. Something happens. I felt better, but I am not sure if I did it long enough.

I believe in this type of deal. Menthol and Methyl salicylate (wintergreen) are the main ingriedients in IcyHot. That is where you get the smell. It can be toxic in high does, so I believe it may put toxins in your body at low doses. A cross country runner from Staten Island died one time from too much topical rub. That is a wikipedia story so you know it has to be true. Because anyone can put something up on the site so why would they not put factual information there.

BioFreeze uses Menthol as a main ingredient also. Of course Menthol cigarettes are a no no. And some all natural people have taken it out of toothpaste claiming it is not healthy to digest in quantities found there. We use a toothpaste that is Menthol free.

My thought on Menthol is it causes mouth sores for me. When we switched to an all natural, non-menthol toothpaste, my chronic mouth ulcer problem has virtually disappeared. I had believed tomato sauce to be the source of my problem, but come to find out it was the "evil" mainstream toothpaste causing me my problems. Crest is an ancient African word for "DEVIL".
Of Course others claim it is the fluoride. Which I believe our toothpaste also doesn't have. But don't they put that in my drinking water, so even if I buy distilled water, I am soaking fluoride through my skin during a bath, or inhaling it when I shower, but what about Chlorine.

Just a few thoughts. Of course if this stuff has menthol in it, who cares what you use they all seem to be the same.

CSquared said...

Asked Tamara. She thought it looked a lot like the toxin patches. You can wear them anywhere not just on your foot.

Well, bottom line is We Don't know, but we would give it a try if we had the need to try it.