Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Quality Swim Time coming

Got an email today! Master swim in Morgantown. Now that the University is out for the summer or finals are finishing up, a woman has got a Master's swim started in Morgantown at the Natatorium. 6-7:30 am MWF. Tough time for me, because I start 7 am work. I am going to try to go twice a week and adjust my work as needed.

They have a coach, a real coach. Not Betty who has taught swim classes to kids for 40 years, but a real swim coach (Betty is a real person at the now closed Waynesburg pool who doles out unwanted advise).

After June 2, it is going to go every week day, but we are moving to a local community pool, actual just across the street from the natatorium.

The Swim is even catering to triathletes. They have deals to get into the class before each triathlon in Morgantown for about a month. She also told me to come try it out for a couple times to see if it works for me. If it is too hard to get there then I can just not come back.

Woo Who!

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

That's awesome! This is the place with the underwater viewing area as well? If so I'd be chasing down someone to do some video taping.

CSquared said...

Yea this is the place. It has been a while since I have seen it. Maybe I will talk to them about setting up a video.

My Wednesday Open water swim is falling apart. I have not got the wetsuit and UPS says Thursday, but that doesn't matter because Levi has his second game at the same time as the swim and I am the only responsible family member who can get him there.

He had his first game Saturday. He struck out twice, but fielded the one ball that two other guys missed. He was playing right center. 2nd base, and right field missed it and to my surprise Levi moved over to back them both up. He was very excited even though they lost 7-4. The first thing he said to me after the game was, "Did you see Holden's catch?" Holden was the pitcher position (pitching machine league) and caught a screamer back to the mound. I actually turned my head to see how far the ball was going to go before realizing Holden caught it.

We had batting practice last night. I hope I straightened Levi's swing out. He was hacking at the ball real bad on Saturday instead of a smooth swing. He looked good again last night in the cage. I think we might have batting practice in the back yard after school tomorrow, so he sees a few balls before the game.