Monday, May 26, 2008

Full Weekend of Fun

Three 25+ mile bike rides and a run. YES a Run!! On Monday after the bike.
The run seemed to feel right, my HR was up a bit higher than I thought it should be. Could have been dehydrated a bit from the bike or the fact that it was 86 degrees out. Either way, I'm hoping I'm back to being a triathlete.

We also hosted a Bike and BBQ on Sunday. I think everyone had a good time. I know we ate well, our fridge is overflowing! I probably should have had the party Saturday and then invited everyone to lunch and dinner Sunday and Monday as well.
One of the topics of the night was the Bermuda Triathlon. Could be a fun trip. Genine's work is typically insane at this time of year tho'. This will be a work in progress.

Genine's bike was tuned up last week and she's been itching to get some riding in. Maija led us on a ride late morning onMonday through the Round Valley Area. Not sure I could map the ride if my life depended on it but it was a good Mooseman prep.
Genine finished feeling like she spun about 10x as many times to keep up. (She's on a hybrid bike with small front rings.) The good news is that she didn't feel uncomfortable about traffic and she is talking about wanting a road bike. She said I could buy her one for MY birthday. :-)
I see a sprint triathlon in Genine's future.

The only downer for the weekend is allergies. Today I started taking my 24 hour medicine every 12 hours. This time last year is when I started to really suffer and by the Mooseman weekend I had a sinus infection. I'm not going to let that happen this year.

4 comments:

m said...

Definitely a good time at the party. I can try to map the ride for you. Genine could do a sprint tri no problem.

m said...

I tried mapping it. I am not very good at getting the corners very tight so most of them are cut off completely. Probably was closer to 30 miles.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1931900

CSquared said...

Tamara's allergies were awful yesterday while we were mowing the lawn. Worse that she has had in some time. Somehow she seems to always get the riding job. Something about how dangerous pushing a mower up the bank would be for her and the baby. Excuses.:)

Hope your allergies are controlled. I would mention that I don't feel affected by any allergy things, but my noise seems to be producing a large amount of fluid especially on early morning rides or late in the evenings. I don't recall this being a problem before.

Sounded like a great weekend.

CSquared said...

That was NOSE instead of Noise in my last comment.