Monday, May 5, 2008

Warren Bound

We are going to Warren this weekend to see my Mom & Dad. It is also the annual birthday celebration (week early), because Levi and Carter share a birthday five days after my dads.

Allegheny river almost 14 degrees C. Wet suit won't be here for Wednesday Open water swim, not a big deal because Levi has ball game at the same time. Suit should be here for me to take to Warren. I was thinking about hitting Kinzua, if I can talk my dad into running a canoe for me. I have a swim shirt I will probably wear with the suit. 15 degrees would be a more comfortable temp.

I also need to get in a run. So any suggestions on a good run. I will probably run up Conewango avenue an back unless someone has a better idea. Zone 1 run so I don't want too many hills.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I would have suggesting running from Jake's Rocks down to the beach, in an attempt to be funny.
But that downhill run would kill me right now. I'll admit to ibuprofen doping.

That water temp will definitely be good preparation for the Mooseman. You will be able to decide if you want to double cap as well. Also good to find out about the need for body glide.

A safe run (no traffic) in Warren is the trail from 5th Ave up to the State Hospital or extend it up to the corner at the mall. Round Trip might be 10K?