Monday, May 5, 2008

Chiropractor / Wetsuit

So you all probably think I'm crazy for going to the chiropractor so often but it is necessary. Tonight I got to the chiropractor and explained that my hip flexor wasn't right and reminded him of my jammed foot a year ago that caused that same problem. So he went through the kinesiology tests to try and figure out what was up this time. To be honest I didn't catch what he felt was the most likely suspect. In addition to my normal back adjustments. He adjusted my hip, my knee (which was awesome), ankle and foot. Walking out of the office everything felt right. Money well spent.

The First Wave Pullover arrived today as well. It is definitely thinner and stretchier. My first thought was that it seemed less constricting to breathe in as well. Not that I had problems with the black pearl. I tried each of them on a few times just to get a good feel for the differences. It is definitely more flexible. I'm just thinking about swimming 30 minutes or more in one or the other. I think the longer the swim the more obvious the differences between the two would be. Even though I got the Black Pearl at a nice price, I'll probably be mailing that one back and keeping the first wave pullover. I'll stick with the black pearl bibjohn.

I'm going to keep my workouts low impact for a couple days to give that hip flexor time to get back to normal.
I went to Masters Swimming this AM, I was close to bonking at the end of the hour I need to figure out how to get more fuel in me for those 6AM swims.
Then after work I hit the bike trainer for 20 minutes or so tonight, just enough to warm up then focus on stretching out.

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Overnight IV feed bag. Also need to get an oxygen tent to sleep in. Or You could stop at Hardee's and get a Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Breakfast to go. That would hold you over. I wonder if the Gravy without the Biscuits cold be taken through the IV. I am sure the sausage might block the opening.

Why don't we invent a patch that has Cliff Shot gel that is absorbed through your skin or better a month supply implanted in your body, like that birth control stuff, but just sugar.

catmarlson said...

Maybe that's the trick. I need to wake up a 4AM and go to a diner and have a pancake breakfast real quick. Then go park in the Y lot and sleep until 6.

Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Breakfast right before a swim.... That wouldn't be pretty.