Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cook outs

Cooked out today. Old style charcoal. Propane is for tasteless fast food Americans. Bought the grill last night. I cooked the burgers and dogs for Tamara's whole family. The charcoal was coool it didn't need lighter fluid. Barely touched with match and bam it was burning. Very nice day. I be resting today. Letting my body heal a little before a third big week this week (come on taper).

Hitting Mason Lake tomorrow. Should be plenty cold to test the wetsuit. This is a small 10 acre (sorry I don't know the metric equivalent) lake. Hope to do at least 20 mins maybe 30, but temps might keep me lower than this. I figure end to end about 400 meters.

Got a run workout planned, plus mow the lawn, plant the garden, install new screen door. I wonder how any of this honors veterens. I will have to thank my dad and father-in-law some time during the day.

Keep Tri'ing we are almost there. Hope wetsuit is the magic pill like it is for Shawn. I am hoping about 30 secs per 100 meters worth of magic :>

5 comments:

Jim said...

4.0469 hectares!!

My tri training is non-existant. Glad to be running and hit a 45 on the golf course today.

SJV said...

I can't wait to hear your assesment of the wetsuit. I would like to try an outdoor swim in it. I'm not sure where I could do that without getting yelled at by lifeguards.

My big workout weekend has been a bust. I mulched the yard and dug up some dead roots, moved a loaded wheelbarrow, and rode my bike to the Creamery (burning about 100 calories) where we bought 1000 calories of ice cream each. I kettlebelled it last night for the tem minute snatch and swing test (killed me), and made Greg go on a 15 mile low-speed bike ride, which was nice. It's been a nice weekend. Just not a workout weekend, let alone a big one.

catmarlson said...

As I passed one of the golf courses I used to frequent. I wondered how many triathletes were/are also golfers.
Both require so much time, it would be difficult to do both well.
That being said, I'll mention to my dad to be on the lookout for a tourney to get us signed up for in August Jim. That would be a great week. Adventure Race, Golf Tourney, Jerry/Michelle's Wedding.
Good times!

CSquared said...

Thanks for the Metric Assist Jim.

I think your score would have been +9 on a standard course, assuming you were playing 9 holes not 18. Because -27 is a fabulous three round score, not one.

How about an adventure race with three golf holes in the middle. The "Special Hazard" of the event.

catmarlson said...

Craig you just entered a whole new idea for adventure racing.

The Golf is a great idea! I think it should be right after the 2.5 mile swim!

I just think back to lifting weights at the Y. Then going to play some Basketball after that. Every shot would fall short by a mile.