Monday, May 12, 2008

Wetsuit Ordered

Okay people, I ordered my wetsuit today. I was getting a little antsy about not swimming with it enough before the race. If it comes by Friday, I'll have two and a half weeks to test it out. That's still not much, and I guess I'm pretty much gonna have to make it work at this point, as returning it for another will be pushing the deadline. Based on Craig's chats with the guys at the shop and my own similar chat, I went with a size one step smaller than I might get in a full suit, and got the 2XL ProMotion Sleeveless, also in green. Craig and I are going to look like little twinsies. Well, maybe not so little, but still twinsies. We may not be the best advertisement ProMotion ever got coming out of the water in 400th place, so we better talk them up instead. They are definitely affordable. I got my triathlon club discount, which helped a little, and going with the sleeveless saved a bunch, and of course moving down out of the 3XL automatically saved me 40 bucks, so all told I was pretty happy with the price. I hope I am similarly happy with the product. Any word on yours yet, Craig? I might add that perhaps ProMotion will have the most tough guys going bare-armed. We know for a fact there will be two, and since most people have fullsuits, we won't need too many more to be the most well-represented group. Also, ProMotion will be supporting probably the best-looking athletes.

As I was swimming today, I was thinking, like I often do, of ways to go faster. Wedding rings are allowed, right? So what if your wedding ring were shaped like a big hand-paddle? I don't see anything wrong with that. (Okay, I do, but it's fun to think of these things.) "What, you're going to prevent me from wearing this beautiful, wearable artwork that represents my wife's lifelong commitment of love and affection for me? What kind of race is this?"

1 comment:

CSquared said...

I got mine Friday, I didn't try it on because we were going to Warren. I did Sunday night. The fit was good. I am assuming the neck should be a little tight. It doesn't feel like I would struggle to breath, but my heart rate wasn't 130 when trying on. I think XL or 2Xl the neck isn't much different, the body fits great. It looks surprisingly good also. A little belly shows through, but I still have 25 days, right. My neck looks bigger in it, I think because it pushes up a little. Cost of doing Triathlon business I suppose. I'm very happy.

About the ring, you need to just say, "You tell my wife I have to take it off, look at me, I can't handle her, I am supposing you won't last 8 seconds".