Friday, May 16, 2008

IT Band Self Test

As I had mentioned Jim pointed out I probably not only had hip flexor issues but IT Band.
So Last night I did this Self Test. Genine was watching me, she says "my trainers always stretch me out at the end of my sessions using that stretch". I then tell her that I don't find that I can get much of stretch out of it because it's so tight on the left side. She hops up and pushes my left shoulder down and my left knee down towards the floor. (opposite side from the picture on the site). Well that is what I needed. It is very tight on my left side but I think if we keep at this I'll be up and running in no time.
It's too bad it took me 10 days to figure out how to stretch this thing out but that's how it goes. You don't know until you do. I definitely learned a few things from this "injury". I guess I'll find out how well I learned my lesson by how well I perform from this point forward.
I should probably summarize my "When to Ice, When to Heat" findings as well. I'm sure that information will be needed for years to come.

No comments: