Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wetsuit arrival

My ProMotion wetsuit arrived today, at long last. I tried it on immediately. It seems to fit quite well. I'm glad I didn't get the 3XL.

It does provide me with a bit of motivation to lose more weight, as it exposes all my fat quite effectively.

I don't think I can get to a level where I will be proud to wear this thing in public before the Mooseman, but I am still shooting for 250 pounds. It's getting closer every day. Four more days looks promising. I have 18 days left, so I could actually get down a little more than that. I have never been more motivated than right now. Quite awhile ago, I vowed to buy myself a Utilikilt when I sustained my weight under 250. This summer I might be showing off my legs.

That wetsuit is hot! I am not hot in it, I mean I was sweating in seconds after putting it on. I should have nothing to fear in the lake. Can't wait to give it a test in the pool. Maybe I'll go later tonight. Gotta wait 'til the crowds filter out. I don't want anybody to think an aging, somewhat past-his-prime Captain America has come to the Y. Remember Syndrome! Never wear a cape.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

Yea, you don't want to use as a warm up suit. I had the same problem. I can't imagine the temp will be a problem, may not be the warmest swim ever, but I don't think my teeth will be chattering. I produce heat quickly in mine.

If you wonder at all what part of your body needs a little work, throw on a wetsuit.

Wow, Kilt buying is a lesson in Economics. Must be Supply side driven, lack there of. Even the best pants rarely go for those prices. I like the Workmans.

SJV said...

Indeed they are pricey, but the workman's is made from the same stuff as Carhartt pants, so it is nearly indestructible, and kilts are pretty flexible in terms of weight gain and loss of the wearer, so it is an item that has a long lifespan. Also, seeing as how it is a garment with hundreds of years of history behind it, it seems like it will not be going out of style anytime soon. Like Bellbottoms. But still...a pair of Carhartt pants is like 40 bucks. I am tempted to make my own, but these guys started the trend and they do make very nice products. I would have to consider it a purchase like the wetsuit, something special. Yet I would probably wear it a lot more often. Maybe I could do the Tango in it. Then I should have the Survival Kilt, but that one is even more expensive.

I was trying to use it as a reward system. A gift for my dedication to good health. I can spend a few bucks. 'Course I have to actually stay under 250 for a while.

CSquared said...

Maybe the argument could be I saved that much in food expenses not maintaining the extra 15 lbs of weight.

Kind of like buying a lighter car to save on gas prices.