Thursday, May 29, 2008

Single Digit Countdown Begins!

9 days until Mooseman!!

I went running before swim class last night. I'm certainly not feeling speedy. What I found was that I could run uphill most comfortably. Flat was doable. Downhill didn't feel that great.
Also someone suggested the possibility of a stress fracture to me yesterday. So on my swim coach's suggestion, after the Mooseman I'll get in contact with a Physical Therapist. At least I should have a solid answer of what I should and shouldn't be doing.

So I keep wishing that I could actually see myself swim. I can only imagine that would speed my learning curve. The diving team already has a video system with a delay in place so the diver can watch every dive. I figured that this system could probably be used for swimming as well. With the addition of an underwater camera. So I went looking to see what kind of money something like that would cost the Y.
I suppose that this AquaCam system is likely what they use.
Of course being an audio guy, I also think it would be interesting to see how an underwater speaker system would work for coaching. If the coach could have a mic and he's watching you swim he could give instant feedback. I have no idea how well this would work, sound does travel incredibly well through water tho'.

Our Masters group has about 16 people at the moment. I wonder how many would be interested in financing the video system.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Tick Tick Tick Tick . . . Boom! The Lactic Acid is building. The pain begins.