Thursday, May 15, 2008

Race Tracking

Athlinks.com
A couple weeks ago, I decided I'd sign up with this website to keep track of my race history.
When I logged on the other day I was surprised to see someone had marked me as a "Rival". It turns it was some one that I had beaten at Bassman and then he beat me at the Brooklyn Half.

The site seems to do a nice job of including the small races. I entered the race details of that one I did in Florida and within a week they got the results on their database.
There are plenty of events from the past you can search as well. I found a couple that Jim had run.
I'm sure he's got a ton of them out there.
It's got 2 years of Craig's Sprint Splash and Spin on there as well.

Just thought I'd point this site out. Maybe you already knew about it...

6 comments:

CSquared said...

D. Aaron (your new nemesis), he has you so far. It appears you both have a victory, but total time he is four minutes ahead of you.

You are going to have to check out some entrants lists and enter something he is in to get back your four minutes. I suggest heavy swim, less bike, and more cow bell wouldn't hurt.

CSquared said...

I got signed up and found my Rocky Gap results. Couldn't get them over because I am listed as Criag Cerra. I guess I am not going to worry about it because my results were bad enough that I will let this Criag have them.

CSquared said...

I added MC as a friend & a RIVAL (keep your friends close and your enemies closer), it then inserted a couple people as rivals ?? that I don't know but competed against at the SSS. It is getting interesting.

I think it is adding anyone to my Rival list that I have competed in two races against and is a member of the site.

Oh yea, MC, you have to beat me by 3:55 to get even with me :). I will let you off the hook if you remain injured, of course if you beat me with an injury or are beating me, I may have to come up gimpy in the last couple miles at the Moose. ;)

catmarlson said...

Had I known I was racing this guy, I would have told Kevin he was on his own for the Brooklyn Half. Ha Ha.
This guy doesn't realize he's matching himself up with the least competitive guy out there. My results will be all over the place.

Anyhow. Regarding the Rocky Gap Criag , I think you just click on the C at the end of the line and it will claim that result for you.

http://www.athlinks.com/results/33646/
49884/25033905/YMCA-Rocky-Gap-Sprint-
Triathlon.aspx

Paste those 3 above.

catmarlson said...

You must be right, the site just finds people running similar events. Kind of cool.

CSquared said...

Criag is on my list from Rocky Gap. I am still not overly happy with the time but thank you for the help in figuring out there complex system.