Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Girl in the rubber suit

So I finally did it. I bought a wet suit. It will arrive in a few weeks and I'll share how it goes.
But after reading the trials and tribulations of you fellahs as you ask your wives if you can buy one...well I felt I had to make a suggestion.

1st. Find a photo of Matthew McConaughey . Find one where he's coming out of the water (should not be difficult to find), make sure he's topless (chances are he is topless AND wet.) Make sure the photo shows off his superb chest (chances are it does)

2nd. Post it on your refrigerator.

3rd. When your wife asks you "what's with the picture?" Here's where the suit comes in.
"Honey, I am using this picture as inspiration. This is what I'm shooting for with all these strenuous workouts, all these moderate meals, all the running, the biking...the SWIMMING (make sure you EMPHASIZE the word swimming and maybe stretch your arms and shoulders here for effect) and all this GEAR that I need will make me leaner and stronger and faster and will give me endless endurance...
Of course by this point she may have stopped listening and is simply staring at Matthew McConaughey but maybe, just maybe, in her subconcious she'll hear the words SWIMMING and GEAR and next thing you know...well...you'll look like Matthew McConaughey in your rubber suit, suck that stomach in! Good luck!

oh, the REAL reason I decided to post was that I found this link which will probably we useful down the line... Happy swimming :)

http://www.laurenwu.com/fitness/wetsuit101.html

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Thanks for the help.

The real question is what did you buy and why?

silent_scream said...

I decided to go with the DeSoto 2 piece. First wave pullover (because the sales person said it was stretchier than the black pearl pull over) and the speedtube 5 (which has 5mm of rubber, the most it is allowed in any race and I need all the help I can get w my very ...uh...dense legs)
They expect us to get it wet, try it out and they offer a full refund. I didn't see any minuses in the deal. It is a little pricey (www.desotosport.com) but not many places offer the two piece. Since I have a very weird shaped body, long torso and very short legs I thought this would be the best fit for me.