Sunday, April 20, 2008

If you can't run, what do you do? / Wetsuit suggestion

Well swim of course! As you can see on the spreadsheet, I did plenty of that.
But what then? Sit around thinking "man this stinks". No Way!
OK, I lie, It does stink and I did sit around a bit thinking that. Ha ha.
But then I decided to revisit some funny stuff online, and in case you haven't ever seen "Flight of the Conchords". I figured I'd better post a link.

Now on to something useful.
When buying your wetsuit, order up some wetsuit shampoo. Especially if you plan on doing any pool swimming. I didn't think about this. Fortunately, Maija brought some in for me. So my suit should be in good shape now.
I know Ruth has been concerned about freezing during the Mooseman swim. I believe they sell this swim cap at SBR. They also sell the booties.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

I actually have been worried a full wetsuit is going to be to warm. I guess everyone has different thresholds of temperature tolerance.

I can remember swimming in Kinzua two weeks before Memorial day. My brother and I had been in and out for about two hours. It was an awfully hot day so my mom decide it couldn't be that bad so she jumped off the side of the boat with no life jacket. My Dad had to pull here out of the water because she locked up so bad.

I think I also waterskiied once on memorial day weekend with no wetsuit. I do have a memory of not wanting to fall once I was up, but as always if you look at the science of cold, it is a subjective concept. 15 degrees C is just less heat content than 20 degrees.

As I always tell my kids in the middle of the winter, a penguin would think this was summer.