Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another Birthday Approacheth

I finally got to the gym last night. It's been a long time. It was surprisingly successful, and I might even say enjoyable. I'm feeling pretty good today too, so I must not have totally destroyed all my muscle fibers. I feel so dang good today that, for some reason, I am hopeful that I will not embarrass myself at the Mooseman. At this moment, I think I am going to run like the wind, bike like Armstrong (you can call me Legstrong), and swim like Spitz.

Okay, each of those efforts will probably last less than 50 yards (downhill in two instances), but there will be a moment in each event when that will happen.

I am going to at least try to give Craig a run for his money.

3 comments:

SJV said...

Oh, and I forgot to add that my birthday is Saturday, so please feel free to send a 52-pound kettlebell, a pair of Vibram 5-Finger shoes (size 12), or a wetsuit, size 3XL. Thanks so much, everybody!

CSquared said...

I look forward to you keeping up with me. I have never said you would embarrass yourself. Maybe "Run" for my money is not you best choice of words.

CSquared said...

I forgot you are going to be the "Old Man" on this journey. Hope you don't come apart at the seems in your new found golden years.