Friday, April 25, 2008

Getting Psyched for the Bassman

I'm definitely excited for the race Sunday. I have been training very cautiously though.
I just got back from being a total slacker at the pool. The swim definitely helps get me stretched out but I really was fearful of tweaking something.
I guess my current mode of thinking is, if I'm going to get hurt, do it at the race.

It hasn't even been two weeks and I'm already missing doing harder workouts. I'm feeling soft!
I can see how people give up on doing something if they can no longer perform at a level they once could do.
Reminds me of a lyric from a Rush song "Losing it":

Some are born to move the world
To live their fantasies
But most of us just dream about
The things we'd like to be
Sadder still to watch it die
Than never to have known it
For you, the blind who once could see
The bell tolls for thee...

Way too dramatic for what I'm talking about.
Me being the Jack of all trades, Master of Nothing, will likely never have anything to which that will apply. (maybe that's a good thing?)

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Saturday AM: very short run. Jog .75 miles, stop and stretch out a bit. Run back to the house with some speed. Then work on stretching out more. Left hamstring is still letting me know it's not 100%.
So after stretching as best I can, I put some Unkers on the hamstring and biofreeze on the knot in my lower back. I now smell like a locker room.
Genine is in NYC working out. So she doesn't have to smell all this. :-)

www.satilife.com is what Genine is up to today. She really enjoys what this stuff is all about.

SJV said...

Alright, bud. Tell us how it went!