Friday, April 11, 2008

The Watchmen

I'm currently re-reading the "Watchmen", which will soon be a movie.
You might have read this 20 years ago when we were up in NH, I'm fairly certain Bill or Dan brought a copy.
Going back and forth between wetsuits and watchmen made me wonder. What would an open water swim start would look like if wetsuit manufacturers started adding designs.
(This is where if I had time, I could photoshop some Captain America's and Mr Incredible's into a swim start photo). I suppose some would be intimidated by seeing all these "superheros".
There would be a market for them don't you think? I've seen people that go so far as to match bike, jersey, helmet and tires.

Anyhow, if you find yourself nervous before the swim start. Think of this post, look around and visualize some as superheros and try to name them. I'm sure some would be quite comical.

Classic SNL: Superhero Party

Antman: [high-pitched voice] You don't remember me? We met several times. I is Antman. A-N-T-M-A-N.

The Flash: Oh, right, right.

Antman: Yeah.

The Flash: Uh, Antman.

Antman: Yeah.

The Flash: What are your super powers again? You - you - you talk to the ants, is that it?

Antman: Well, partly. But, mainly, I shrink myself down to the size of an ant while retaining my full human strength.

The Flash: Really?

Antman: Yeah.

The Flash: [sarcastic] Oooh, that's really impressive. Size of an ant with human strength. You must be able to clean house on those other ants, huh? [chuckles] Hey! Hey, Hulk! Hey, check this guy out. He's got the strength of a human!

The Hulk: Oh, better stay out of this guy's way.

No comments: