Friday, April 18, 2008

Chiro / Y / Wetsuit

Sat in traffic on the Garden State Parkway for 1.5-2 hours. I guess everyone is heading to the shore already. It's going to be a nice weekend.
Fortunately, the Chiropractic office stayed open just for me. Which was very nice of them, I haven't seen this doctor for over a year. I was an hour late and they stayed late. I was not an easy adjustment.
As I said in my previous post, the other doctor is the only guy that can successfully adjust my lower back. That record remains unbroken. That's not to say my adjustment tonight wasn't helpful. I definitely felt better than I did. He also said that I should absolutely be taking NSAID's of some sort until this problem is gone. So I'm taking Ibuprofen, I'm not much for pills so I waited for them to tell me it was the right thing to do. I'm also going to ice my lower back each night before going to bed.
This makes it sound like I'm in a world of hurt. I'm not, in fact I went to the pool tonight. Our pool is finally back open!! So I took my wetsuit to the pool to give it a try. Wow is this thing buoyant! I now understand why the guys in swim class don't work very hard at their kicking. You don't have to work to keep your legs up at all.
I did a bunch of laps with the full wetsuit on, stopped often just because I'd get so warm. Then to get a workout in, I lost the pullover and just kept the bibjohn on. Which makes it feel like I'm swimming with a pull buoy but I'm still able to kick.
So is this wetsuit the most comfortable suit? Am I going to keep it? I don't know. I'm going to the pool again tomorrow. The wetsuit is going with me. I'll spend a bit more time getting into the suit, making adjustments from what I experienced tonight and make sure it's as good as I can get it. Then I have a feeling I'm going to be back up at SBR trying that Zoot again. This time I'll have a better idea for comparison.

This probably reads terribly. It's late. I'll edit later.

No comments: