Friday, April 4, 2008

Functional Strength

Shawn, you would have loved it. I went to the kids school last night and a girl from a place called Body Workz in Morgantown was doing one of the sessions for Family Fun Night - Health and Nutrition. Her brochure states they are the only MAX KETTLEBELL Certified Studio in West Virginia. This woman was only about 1.57 meters tall and weighed about 50 kg. She started talking about Kettlebell and the exercises. She had a full sweatsuit so it was tough to tell how well she was built.

She started to throw around a 9 kg kettlebell. She got my attention when she said she usually works out with a 13.6kg or 16kg bell. I asked a question about core strength and she started into explaining core, functional and grip strength. She then took off her sweatshirt and had a sleeveless shirt on. She was ripped. She laid down and did some abdominal exercises. She had the kettlebell in some positions I would be afraid of breaking my nose.

Her son (8yr old) started doing stuff with a 4.5kg Kettle. Also,
impressive.

They did jump rope demonstrations and her oldest son did Tae Kwon Do.

I approached them after the session to check out the kettlebell but also ask some questions. Her 8 yr old proceeded to show me his six pack abs, he was cut. He also told me about the one armed chin ups and the three finger chin ups he was doing.

She also told me about getting certified in the Max Kettlebell program in January. Guess where, only an hour north of you in Williamsport, PA.

After I told her about your interest she gave me two websites:

www.dieselcrew.com You can find this guys on You Tube under dieselcrew.
www.rosstraining.com

I also checked out the Max Kettlebell website:

http://www.maxkettlebells.com/

No comments: