Thursday, April 3, 2008

Warren Newspaper / Fundraiser

I'm not sure if I've asked you guys about this before. I'm thinking of contacting the Warren newspaper to see if they are interested in a "Local News" story. Maybe we aren't local news anymore?
I'm guessing you guys are cool with that? I figure I'll try to work in the Tango '07 was a training race for us. Also that this is the 20 year WAHS reunion for Craig and I. Just to get some more "local" into the story. Of course I expect they will write what they want. I'm just hoping that they will list our fundraiser link without a typo. It might be the easiest way to contact much of the Warren crowd.

Not sure if you've checked the fundraiser site lately. I feel it's going rather well. I think I've only contacted half the people I intend to send to. I still have work to do there.
Genine / Bloomingdales is doing well too. I'm not sure there is an easy way for me to add that to the fundraiser page. If you are interested in details let me know. I'll have Genine comment on that project.
As you can see, Ruth has a bunch of support on the site as well. It's all very cool to see how many people are on board with us. At some point I should put together a list of the people that are planning to go to NH that weekend to watch, cheer and "Post race" party with us.

Lastly: Racing Singlets from the fundraiser. I would like to get mine early for the races later this month. Should I request 2. One Large, One Extra Large? Should I find out if they go bigger than that? I just figure it would help us out deciding on fit for everyone else if I get a couple and find out how big/small they run.
Depending on the fit. I may only wear the jersey on the run portion. Just pull it on over my tri-top in T2. We will see.

Go Team!

1 comment:

SJV said...

The newspaper idea is fine with me. If they want to do it, I will only exaggerate a little.