Monday, April 14, 2008

Genine's Tour de France

Genine also did the Mooseman bike this weekend. Only she wasn't as sure of the route. I figured she and Eric would stick together and everything would work out. Well that didn't happen.
Genine added a climb to the route. Check out the elevation map!! Devil's Hill (mile 14-15) is a bump in comparison!!!
So she put in a seriously long ride on Sunday. She was hurtin' at the end of it but has no ill effects the next day. She thinks the cold was probably the biggest cause of the pain.

I'd thank her for finding a hill climb for me to practice on, but I don't think I could attempt it with a double. I'm guessing I'll find out in July while we are on vacation. I'll have to give it a try.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

So, they didn't stay together because Eric said "your crazy woman I'm not going up the hill". I assume Genine and Eric got seperated.

Did Genine get to the top of the hill or did she just say screw this, I'm done climbing. That hill is like the Jake's Rock Hill. NICE! Just so we are clear, Genine did more than the Mooseman bike this weekend.

How long were you waiting for her at the end, or did she beat you after getting the advantage of the long downhill descent? "Il Falco" (its Italian, hint)!

catmarlson said...

Genine got it into her head that she may as well give it all she had and race. So she got ahead of Eric before her wrong turn.
Eric when he got to Devil's Hill was amazed that Genine was not in sight. But didn't figure that she had made a wrong turn already. So he kept rolling.
Genine did about 37 miles on Sunday. After my short run, we drove the course backwards to see where she was. She had about 10 more miles to go when we got to her. She said she was going to finish, so we got the camera out and went back to get a few pictures.
I'm not sure of her total time. 3 hours? I'm guessing she knows.

This was also Genine's first weekend with her new shoes and pedals.
Shimano PDM324 "campus pedal"
She is a fan. She seems to be able to clip out much quicker/easier than I can.

catmarlson said...

She was very near the top of the climb when she finally decided it was time to turn back.
Another few mintues and she might have been on the other side of that huge climb having to do it again to get back. Yikes!