Monday, April 21, 2008

The Stork has Landed

Some may find this Shocking, others may think me crazy, but my beautiful wife is pregnant with our fourth child. We have known for a little while. She is 9 weeks. She had an ultrasound done last Thursday, we told the kids Saturday, pretty fun stuff, they were excited (they all want a boy, especially Levi, he faltered a little when speaking of sharing a room with someone, but feels the benefits out weigh any downside). We got through parents and brothers yesterday, so I am now cleared to let you know.

The story is we did not want this big of a gap between Eleanor and this child, but God in his infinite wisdom (or his humorous irony) did not allow us to conceive before now. That being said, it was still a little of a shock that we did conceive. We had tried as along as five years ago, even did a couple tests to see why no results. No good reason, just not working the doctor told us. So, to avoid a Kate plus eight situation, we decided to just not worry about it.

We did not mention until after the ultrasound because I think we were in disbelief or shock. Tamara has attributed it to going off wheat. She feels that wheat was so depleting her system of nutrients that her body couldn't conceive (I was glad to use this reason, because it doesn't put my manhood into question). Eight months ago she went off wheat. Her health has improved so much that we are convinced this is the reason.

I have been blessed by God with this and thought you folks would want to know, also I didn't want you to think Tamara had let herself go when we see you in June. The irony I mentioned above is that we had discussed a few month ago about how this wasn't going to happen, and my next move was to look into adopting a baby from either China or South America. I think I am not going to do this now.

The only bad news is, I may not be very "competitive" next year. Ha!Ha!

3 comments:

SJV said...

Congratulations, Craig!

Are you sure it's yours?

catmarlson said...

Wow. Congrats!! Maybe Genine and I haven't missed the boat. We were just waiting for the 2nd wave of kids :-)

By the way, did you tell the Dr about all your cold water swimming?
Maybe it wasn't the wheat after all?

CSquared said...

I think it is mine, no cable guy visits or UPS guy without a package (that may be a bad choice of words)!

Thank you for the Congrats. I am excited.

That is a strange thing about the cold. It seems like the cold would make thing inoperable, but somehow the heat is worse. Doesn't seem right.