Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolution

Well here it goes. Goal weight of 185 by March 1st. This will require some calorie reduction as I don't think I can add many more workouts to my schedule.
I thought I'd have my plan figured already but I don't. I guess I didn't make good use of the hours in the car over the break.
Since I don't have an exact plan at the moment I'll outline the strategy.
3 meals and 3 snacks a day.
Looking for each of these to have Carb, protein and fat as that allows for long lasting satisfaction.
Make sure to drink at least 70 oz of water a day.
I'll also be trying to go volumetric adding some fiber/complex carbs to meals.

Shawn was curious what my diet was going to look like. Here was today as you can see no snacks happened today. I'm guessing my 3+3 meal plan will workout better when I'm back at work.

Today:
4 Egg white, 1 yolk omelet with ham
2 slices protein bread toasted and buttered
Cup of coffee with half and half

Tuna salad on 1 slice of protein bread
small bowl of low fat vanilla yogurt with my own mixed berries added
cup of coffee with half and half

Grilled Chicken
Broccoli steamed
Butternut squash

2 comments:

CSquared said...

That is a great goal.

Let's see how I did, yesterday, which was New Year's.

Break fast - Yogurt Parfait with cold oats, walnuts, fresh apples, & frozen (thawed) blueberries.

I woke up late so I only got two meals in but a big afternoon snack while Levi and I were Dove hunting.

Snack - Granola bar(choc. chip & cherry), handfull Sundried Cherries, couple handfuls of bite size peanut butter pretzels, & a Ghiradeli (sp) chocolate square (mint)

Dinner: Buffalo Ribeye stir fry with red & green peppers on rice, with steamed broccoli. Two servings of the stir fry.

Snack: Apple & pumpkin (pumpkins grown in garden this year) crisp with whipped topping, and two handfuls of homemade peanut brittle, almost forgot two Ghiradeli Choclolate squares (caramel). This snacked occurred over several hours.

My goal is to be 205 by May 1. Haven't been under 210 for years! Sorry, my goal is actually to be 93Kg, I have not seen 95 Kg in years!

Jim said...

sounds like a good goal and a reasonable plan. I've not done anything specific except try to be more cautious of the amount of junk food I eat.