Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New's

Nothing to do with Tri's, but my dad got news Monday that he has prostate cancer. I spoke with him about 40 minutes last night. He is quite fine with it or not worked up might be a better analysis. It appears it is super early stage and the treatment is supposed to be great. The doctor actually told him one option was to do nothing and see if it gets worse in the next 6 months.

He is opting for a treatment, which will be at least what they call seeding (tiny radiation pills that are implanted to destroy the cancer cells) and potentially a couple radiation treatments. No hormone treatment.

I have had an understanding that this has become fairly routine, both my uncles have had it and are now "cancer" free. So, no one is worked up, just something Dad needs to get done. Just keeping him in your prayers would be appreciated. If you don't know his name is Tony.

Thanks.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

Ugh. Well at least it was caught early. As you've said it seems fairly routine now days.
Either way, I'll keep Big Tony in our thoughts.

PS: You could have made it more tri related by adding: "Make sure you've got a good bike saddle"

SJV said...

I will certainly send my most fervent prayers out for him. Having seen other relatives go through it seems helpful. I hope for the best.

Anonymous said...

do you know what brand of seeding? I think some brands are better than others.

Good luck with everything...it's a tough situation.

CSquared said...

Not sure of brand. I will check after his next appointment.

Thank you for the imput.

Casey said...

Please let Tony know he can certainly count on positive thoughts and prayers being sent up from Chesterfield, VA. We wish him a full and rapid recovery.