Friday, January 11, 2008

Observances

Craig, the Leader bike auction ended early with "Buy it Now." Was that you? It did look like a nice price.

I was looking at wetsuits this week (I don't know why since I shouldn't be buying one), and I am finding the weight thing to be somewhat sketchy too. For example, I normally wear a 2XL shirt these days and they fit fine if I don't put them in the dryer on high heat. As for pants, I can often use an XL if they are long enough. So I was looking at ProMotion wetsuits and their sizing chart lists a number of variables. I fit the height and measurement parts of the 2XL, but my weight is still higher than both the 2XL and 3XL. Naturally, the 3XL costs 40 dollars more, once again punishing me for being big (sizism!). But I'm betting I could fit in the 2XL even though I am 30 lbs over their suggested weight because of the way I am proportioned. These things are supposed to be stretchy too, so who cares if it's tight? ProMotion advertises "Hyperstretch! Well then what better way to fit my gut in there than with Hyperstretch. Supposedly ProMotion is a sponsor of the PSU Tri club, so maybe I could benefit from that relationship. I'll check when I attend a meeting.

I also have my old whitewater-rafting wetsuit, which is a sleeveless and has a big rip on the butt, but if anyone wishes to use it, I will be happy to donate it. I think removing it in T1 might negate any advantage it gains you in the swim since it isn't a tri suit, but hey, it'll keep you warm and it's free. I will not be wearing it. In fact, Craig, if you want to take it up to the boat or something, feel free. I doubt I'll ever use it again.

As for the Biggest Loser competition, are we looking at April 8th as the final weigh-in? I think I lost a pound yesterday. I'm on a mission this month. You guys better get crackin.'

No comments: