Friday, January 4, 2008

Craig's Itinerary

I listed a preview a while back, but here is the current. I dropped a 1/2 marathon that is taking place locally tomorrow. I had no gumption to get in the proper form.

Feb. 3 - PA Nordic Championship 5.5 K classical cross country ski race. Laurel Highlands
April 6 - Brandywine Valley Duathlon/Coatesville, Pennsylvania. 5k - 22K - 5K
Someplace near Philadelphia. I probably would not do unless Shawn or Matt or Jim want to check it out. My wife has some family in Reading, so could be good deal. It is penciled in.
June 7 - Mooseman, only reason I'm posting.
June 29 - Mountaineer - The reason I wanted to start doing a longer Tri.
July 4 - Lakewood 10K - If I am in town.
July 26 or 29 - Rainday 5K - My First 5K race. Will be fourth straight year. Eleanor changes age groups (as two time defending female champ 5 and under) on 1 mile run. We hope she can pick up her game and go sub 11 minutes. Other two need to go sub 9 and 10 respectively.
Aug 2 - Tango - some version.
Aug. 23 - Sprint Spin Splash - My first - dear spot in my heart - very fun.
October something - Waynesburg Homecoming 5K. I have three years of top two finish in my age group or better. The booty is always good on the prize side.

Even though I got on Jim about the run, I believe mine is run heavy I just don't have the distance Jim is doing. I need a 10 K race in the late April or early May to understand what a run race this distance feels like.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I'd be interested in the duathlon, but the timing is terrible for me. I have to be in Dallas/Ft Worth 2 days after the duathlon and will likely be there for 4-5 days and then spend the 19-22 in Boston volunteering at the marathon. All of this spells time away from the family and adding to that chaos wouldn't work well on the home front.

catmarlson said...

I might be talked into this. Scott isn't too far from this one either. The fees sure go up in a hurry if you don't sign up early tho'!
We should talk about this one a bit more. I could certainly use the extra bike race experience.