Friday, January 4, 2008

Grant Town Biggest Loser

This morning a co-worker came up with a plan for our administrative employees to lose weight. Next Tuesday, Jan 8, we are all going to weigh in. We all lay down $25 each. We then try to lose weight. We do this for three months. % of your original weight.

You win money two ways. If you are the leader at the end of any of the first two months you get $25, then the overall winner at the end gets the kitty. Potentially $200. I can see a couple people not doing it.

I have decided to do it, despite the fact I may have the hardest time losing compared to most others, by this I mean I have the least available to lose, we have some guys with eating/no exercise issues. The guy suggesting it, is bigger than me and this last summer he started running for three months and took 20 lbs off. He quit in the fall and put 15 back on, so I assume he has an easy 15 to give, where I may only be 5 easy. A couple others if they apply themselves based on their heights, I believe no contest. Essentially I am the long bet. I should be getting better odds, like 5 to 1. I will keep you updated

4 comments:

catmarlson said...

That's awesome.
Seeing how I'm the big guy at work I'm not going to be able to make something like that happen here.
Here is a website if you are interested in calorie counting.
http://www.fitday.com

Also I'd suggest drinking as much water as possible right before weigh in ;-)

catmarlson said...

Oh, I was also going to suggest it would probably be more effective if there were 3 prizes at the end and not just one.

Jim said...

I agree, you are the long shot. Not because you can't do it, but if you are at 15% bodyfat and already exercising, it will be much harder for you to drop 3% of your total weight versus an inactive overeating 35% bodyfat person. At some point, in order to win, you'd be forced to sacrifice lean tissue ( or a limb as was mentioned before). Sound like a good motivator though.

catmarlson said...

Final idea for that contest. Winner has to weigh in at or below his winning weight 6 months later. Or half his winnings goes back to the others in the contest.