Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Couple Odd's and End's

Bike. Found this bike. LEADER Bike. Looks like a good price. The components are pretty nice. I had researched the frame before. They get good reviews. I have sent the guy some questions to get a little more info. I might be moving on a bike. I now have 5 days 9 hours.

Grant Town Biggest Loser Weigh In. A one gal and one guy backed out. Eleven people total weighed in, the girl is going on the honor system. I was dead center, weighing in at 223.5. I weighed myself Sunday, of course after a run I was 221 (Christmas was not good to me). Only one guy was under 200lbs, which shocked me because three guys who weighed more than me are all about my height. (actually the other guy who backed out weighed under 200, the reason he backed out was because he graduated high school 30 yrs ago, 145 lbs, and currently weighs 155lbs, he had no chance), The other 6 are closer to about 5'10". Amazing how differently people carry weight. So, if you want to follow along and play at home, weight yourself today. By the way I think I mentioned one guy who had taken off a bunch this summer. We were talking a little more. He was 262 lbs this time last year. He weighed in at 238 and said he had put 5 lbs back on over Christmas. He is a stout boy, but he could still give 20 or more. I actually was thinking good for him, I bet he feels a lot better than a year ago.

Push ups & Sit ups. I have determined that I should be able to do lots of these to assure my core strength is available. I do some when I do my 20 min or 40 min Strength & Stretch (2 to 3 days a week). I am going to try to do them at least three additional days per week, so five to six days a week. I hope to be able to do 100 push ups non-stop and turn over and do 100 sit ups non-stop, we will say by May 1. I have never been able to do this. When younger I could do the 100 sit ups, but only could do about 65 or so push ups. I hope this helps my swim, because my arms fatigue badly after about 400 yd of swimming.

That is all I have right now, but sometimes additional stuff comes on me in waves.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Weighed in at 196 before breakfast this AM. I feel I am focused and on track. 185 would put me in at -5.6% , 180 is 8.1%. Let's go!

The bike looks cool. My guess is his reserve is very near his BUY IT NOW. If you think this is the bike for you. You may just want to use that option. Then you dont' miss out.
Once you get a new bike, you will totally smoke me on the bike all year. I had dreams of staying close. Ha ha!.

Pushups. Have to credit my friend Wyatt for this system.
Get your digital kitchen timer out.

7 push-ups-rest 30 seconds-10 sets/ 1 minute rest-then repeat 7 push-ups with a 30 second rest in between. 10 sets/repeat. after you've done 3 sets of those (70x3=210) 1 minute rest. then 10 sets of 10 push-ups with 30 second rests. total of 310. it takes a while and you'll miscount here and there. I always counted by using the set number as 1 then 2-3-4-5-6-7 ie. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7/2-2-3-4-5-6-7/3-2-3-4-5-6-7 to keep track of the set number.

You'll feel like superman in a month or so.
Remember to start slow you will get there.
Only do them once a week, once you build up to the full work-out.

Unlike pushups, I believe you can do abs workouts almost every day.

Why didn't we start this 12 months ago?

SJV said...

I weighed in AFTER my workout at 260 today. That's important, because before, I was about 264.

So I am going with the lowest per day. I'm only shooting for 250, so what's that? 3.8% of my mass? I guess I should go great guns and aim for 240, but each journey begins with a small step. I'll be happy with 250. It's been a long time. If it works, I'll keep it up, and keep dropping 'til the summer.