Thursday, January 3, 2008

My year in preview

Since we're on this kick, here's what I intend to do this year, with the possibility of adding more as time, money, and other plans permit.

I want to do something before the Mooseman, but I haven't chosen yet. Maybe a duathlon with Criag or one of the wetsuit trials Matt listed, though I think I will be renting my wetsuit for the Mooseman, so I may not get a trial. I'm not too worried about that. I'm gonna get killed anyway, so the extra minute I lose getting that off is okay.

Then I have the Mooseman.
I'd like to do the Mountaineer/MedExpress Olympic(XL3!)
And the Tango (either solo or Tango Team, yep, that's what I'm saying. I just hope I can finish the 1st run before the cutoff. After that, I think I'll be fine, seeing as how I'm going to set a course record in the swim :-) ).

That's it for me!

I might do the Spin, Splash and Dash at the end just to hang with the boys, but we'll have to see what the weekly schedule is looking like at that point.

I need to ratchet up the training this semester to get everything ready, and I too will be attempting to reach a new goal weight (250 is my current goal). I better take another look at the Higdon stuff or one of the other Tri training sites. Half marathon training seems wise, seeing as how my longest runs have been just a little longer than the run of an Olympic tri. Ugh. Time is not on my side.

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

I'm not concerned with getting out of the wetsuit. I'm concerned with swimming 30 minutes in one. I've never had one on so I have no clue what to expect.
Of course I expect to hear more about chaffing once people try out the wetsuits.

CSquared said...

By time do you mean the five months of this year or the fact you were born in 1969.

I plan to get a wet suit in April, so I can jump in the mighty Mon River and test it out. Chaffing is my friend.