Monday, January 14, 2008

Swimmer's Shoulder

I keep having issues with my left shoulder. So I decided I needed to look into reasons why. Other than just say "overuse injury" from swimming.
I found this link.
And I'm guessing the answer is that I always breathe on the right side as it says swimmers shoulder will develop on the opposite.
So my mission is to breathe on the right in one direction, the left in the other direction. Hopefully this will help correct this problem quickly.
I'd like to breathe every 3 but that is still very difficult unless I slow my pace down. Which might not be a bad idea if my shoulder isn't feeling better soon.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

No, No, NO, injuries are not allowed. Just tell youself it is not happening.

I guess better now than May 30.

catmarlson said...

I don't think it's a big deal. I've felt that I've been having this soreness for awhile now. I just finally decided to do a bit of research as to what it was or why it was happening.
It would seem the cure (bi-lateral breathing) is something I should have been spending more time on anyhow. Another one of those things that I think about, but don't get done.
I'll be putting serious effort into sharing the load from here on out.

catmarlson said...

Feeling much better today. As I said, this has been happening from time to time after swim workouts.
I'll work hard at the bi-lateral breathing tonight, my shoulder will let me know how much that helps tomorrow.