Monday, January 7, 2008

Wetsuit Sales

At swim class the other night one of the guys mentioned the Mooseman and people got talking about wetsuits (for obvious reasons). They asked what kind of wetsuit I had and I told them I wanted to drop another 10 lbs before making the purchase. They then mentioned that right now is end of model year and a good time to get closeouts. I guess I should do some research on wetsuits sooner than later. Starting with is 10 pounds enough of a difference to change overall fit?
If anyone has put any thought into what kind of wetsuits we should be looking at, thickness, full sleeve and so on. I'd love to hear what you are thinking.

5 comments:

CSquared said...

I know from looking before 5mm in the chest & back with a 3 mm in the arms, with the really good ones varing from 1 to 2 mm in the movement areas, specifically shoulder.

A starter comment is all this is.

CSquared said...

When I looked at them before, unless you are right on a range in size based on your height, ex: Lg is good for 5'9" to 6'1", XLg is good for 6'0" to 6'4". I think being lighter at 6' you might want he Lg. I am no expert and as you know from your bike experience the best way to do it is go try one on. Find a shop that will let you do it. At least you will find out if 10 lbs. makes a difference.

CSquared said...

Tri book says ORCA, he mentioned a model they don't have on their website. He claims he did three weeks of tests and the ORCA was two to three seconds faster per 100. Sounds unbelievable, but he went out of his way to mention it.

http://www.orca.com/orca-products/orca-products-profile-1.aspx

catmarlson said...

I was going back and forth about sleeveless or not. Then I looked at the picture on the mooseman page. Looks like 95% full wetsuit.

I looked at that orca site. Then wanted prices. Here is the sale I found.
http://www.trisports.com/orca.html
I may go to one of the stores near me this weekend to check them out.

catmarlson said...

That website I posted has about 2 sizes available. That seems to be the case anytime you find a better than average deal.