Thursday, January 3, 2008

Big Races in 2008?

Although I'd love to do the Mooseman and I know that it is the title of the blog, the average water temp scares me. I hate swimming when the water is warm. However, if I stay healthy, here is the list of major events I'm considering:

1. January 13th Phoenix Marathon
2. May 18th Delaware Marathon
3. July 4th- Lakewood NY 10k- A hometown favorite
4. July 12th Muncie Endurathon Half Ironman
5. August- Kinzua Tango
6. October 4th New Hampshire Marathon

Of course this is all subject to change based on injury status, motivation, family plans etc. There are a few of us trying to complete the 50 marathons in 50 state deal. Thus, I need to schedule a few a year to have hopes of avoiding not having enough years in life to complete it.

What is on the radar for the rest of you? Goals?

4 comments:

CSquared said...

You appear to be a little heavy on the run side for my liking.

When you mentioned the Muncie deal I thought that might work for me, but it when I step back I have planned a lot for this Summer and a trip to IN is probably not in the works..

I would like to take a look the Lakewood 10K. I spoke to Kristen Baumann (Anderson). It appears our class reunion (not Shawn and Scotty, but most of the rest of us who post) may be July 5. So, if this is worksout this way, I may be in town for this 10K.

CSquared said...

Just to follow up on my last comment, my proof reading skills are awful and I hacked Kristen's married name, it is Baughman

Jim said...

My schedule is ALWAYS run heavy. Who would have guessed?? Swimming is challenging for me. I'll probably try to catch a couple of little triathlons if time permits.

I usually do the 10k , then bolt back to Warren to take the kids to the parade.

catmarlson said...

If we happen to be home for the Lakewood race I'm in. Can't say I'm going to give you guys much of a race but I'll add my entry fee to the prize pool for you.