Monday, January 14, 2008

Looking to Help the Economy

I have not bought a bike. Lost out on the two I linked earlier. Someone Snatched them with the buy it now option. I have determined to buy one used. Looking for one of two things, a time trial bike (then I train both on the old Schwinn and the new Time Trial), or good road bike, ditch the Schwinn and get it on with my new bike.

I am helping the economy by drivng the price up on these:

Sweet Cannondale

Javelin Time Trial Has great reviews

I am currently winning Cannondale Time Trial. This is an interesting bike. Sold as a Time Trial, but geomtry is closer to Road Bike. So you get the Aero frame and bars, but is easier to sit up on.

I am dug in. I hope the bike fit wells when it comes. I believe I am sold on one of three brands, Jamis, Javelin or Cannondale. I honestly believe I may have to raise my purchasing price, but will play this game for a week or better.

3 comments:

catmarlson said...

If you are concerned about fit, you could got to a local shop that carries these brands and hop on them to make sure they are close.
I'm guessing that will boost your confidence in bidding on stuff online.

CSquared said...

I am pretty sure I am a 60 in a Canondale, which I have sat on. The others have dealerships greater than 50 miles from the house. So, that is where I just need to have faith that a 60 is good for me.

I don't know any better, I adjust to what I have. I can only be off by 2 cm's

SJV said...

I'm sure 60 is quite close for you. What length of pants are you wearing these days?