Friday, January 18, 2008

Got the coaches attention

Tonight in swim class I may have convinced the coach that I've got the potential to drop another 10-20 seconds per 100 with a bit more work on my technique.
This is because at the beginning of class we did a 100yd race and I set a personal best at 1:38.
Then later we did a 500yd swim with the pull buoy. I was sharing a lane with the best swimmer in class and I stayed even with her the entire 500. With the pull buoy I was able to just focus on rotation and cruise.
Sadly after that we did some drills which I really didn't have the feel for and it just took me out of sync and exhausted me.
If I were smart I'd hire the coach for a training session. Then I'd fatigue myself by swimming a full 3o minutes before he got there. Then we could work on all the stuff I do wrong once I'm fatigued. I'm thinking that if I knew what to focus on to get back into form, I'd make some serious gains.
Because I seemed to nail the technique with the pull buoy, I think I'm going to drill on Sunday 50 pull, 50 swim, repeat forever.

No comments: