Thursday, May 28, 2009

Volume 11: Finding inspiration

Tuesday was our day off from training. So without any photos or tales to tell, I'll share with you some pieces of inspiration that I have stumbled across in the past few days. They have presented themselves in food labels of all places. Kinda strange, right? I consider it a sign that I must be making "wise" nutrition choices. I doubt that I would find such enlightenment on a bag of Doritos or M&M's.

The first was on the back of a bag of dried cranberries, cherries & blueberries (Mariani Enhanced Wellness Berry Thrive). It spoke to ways of enhancing the wellness of your body, mind and spirit. The part I took inspiration from is this: Help your spirit thrive by surrounding yourself with others who feed your soul with positive energy and encouragement. I immediately thought of all of you out there who have supported Matt & I through this amazing journey of the past few years (and longer in many cases!). You have been there to lift us up & pull us through the rough patches as well as celebrate the good times with us. The gift of your friendship definitely helps my spirit thrive!

The second was on the label of my Costco brand Vitamin Water (Kirkland VitaRain Tropical Mango Energy beverage). It was hiding on the side of the bottle next to the nutrition facts. It simply said, "As in life, chill for best results." I will need to remind myself of that as I stand in Newfound Lake next Saturday anxiously awaiting the start of the swim!

And the last piece of inspiration, or maybe I should say, aspiration I found in a magazine. It is now displayed on our refrigerator. No explanation needed.

2 comments:

m said...

I love the chill quote! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I work for Mariani and happend to stubble accross your blog yesterday. After you shared such kind words about our package, we would love to share some of our other Enhanced Wellness products with you!

Feel free to contact me at marianimarketing (at) gmail (dot) com