Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Busy Times

I can’t seem to keep up with comments and such at the moment and the only time I seem to be writing posts is if I’m on a train. Which is often but I need to be awake. I actually set my cell phone alarm to wake me up at the right time as I no longer trust myself to wake up on my own at the right stop.

Columbia: I didn’t go. Between masters swimming last night, and my 5K test run on Sunday, I know I made the right decision. I still have tendonitis after about 3 miles of running and my arms felt like lead weights as I was swimming. Not to mention it was hailing on them during the bike at Columbia…

Fall Tri-Fest: Jim you mentioned you were looking for a shorter swim event. I’m not sure if I mentioned relay teams. I’m guessing that we could find you a swimmer if you would rather just Bike Run. Maybe that swimmer would be me.

Tango: I spoke with Craig the other day I was reminded that Morgantown Triathlon is the following weekend. He said he could do as much as last year, but less would also be acceptable. I’m guessing biking and orienteering would be his 2 events of choice.
I’m concerned that I’m not going to be able to do much running. Initially I was thinking the half marathon and the swim. At the moment, I feel like the swim is the only thing I could be ready to do. So I think Craig and I might need some teammates.

The 3 weeks to Mooseman photo journal: As I said earlier, I know skipping Columbia was the right decision. It’s still kind of a bummer though. 6 weeks ago, I was on track and ready to go. Now I’m fighting to regain fitness. So I figured the photo journal could be a fun way to get me back on track and add some accountability. I suppose if I really wanted to add motivation, I’d take a picture of the scale every morning and use that as my daily cover photo. Or actually take a picture of everything I eat in a day. There just can’t be any junk in there for the next 3 weeks. That’s going to be hard to do over Memorial Day weekend!

No comments: