Saturday, May 30, 2009

How's Matt's running?

Last year I had a very sore hip flexor and I ran all of 6 miles or so in the month leading up to Mooseman. Similar story this year this time it’s my knee which I tweaked back on April 1st. So I really haven’t been doing much running. As Genine mentioned in a previous post, I may have torn something or it could be tendonitis. When I was back in Warren Jim suggested go to a sports doctor to have it checked out. As only a picture of it would really tell the whole story. Well earlier this week I went to the NYC chiropractor that I like and I mentioned the knee issue to him. He said the exact same thing as Jim did. He checked out my insurance and gave me a name of a Doctor which he would recommend. I’d have to get a referral so it’s going to be a bit of a process. It’s going to have to wait until after Mooseman.
I ran maybe 3 miles last weekend with Genine, Jerry and Michelle. That went well. Thursday night I went out to run 4 miles and I decided to walk the last mile. It wasn’t because it was painful, I’m just being very cautious. I don’t see any point of pushing through a workout and having a stiff knee for 2 days. I felt great after I was half mile or so into the run. Going back up the hill from the ballpark I was feeling really strong so when I started to think that if I continued that I might cause a problem, I just walked the last mile. The first 3 miles were enough to give me the confidence I’m looking for. I feel that I should be able to run a solid 10K next weekend. I’ll just do a couple more short runs before then.

No comments: