Thursday, May 7, 2009

Time to get back on track.

You know things are looking up if I have time to sit and write a post.

Today was the 2nd move of the week and tomorrow we should be able to handtruck the last of the equipment to the new location and be done with the office move!
I am completely shot and am fighting a bit of a cold. (Mucinex is awesome stuff). But I think I can have a 2 day weekend if all goes well Friday.

Over the last couple weeks, I've learned that lack of sleep hurts more than a half marathon. There is no way you will ever be inspired to be physically active if you are constantly sleep deprived. Obviously it can be done, but I can definitely say it's not going to have the same effect physically or mentally.

So step one to getting back on track in time for Mooseman. Get back to a normal sleep schedule.

Step two: Stop eating so much. I've put on weight. I don't want to know how much. I'm just going to go about fixing the problem and not look at the scale. (why rub salt into the wound?)

Step three: Training. I went from 2 workouts a day to 2 workouts a week. So much for that awesome winter of base training. I'm hopeful that my time off has allowed my knee to get back to normal. I guess I will find out this weekend. I will probably run Saturday or Sunday, it depends on when this junk gets out of my lungs.

I also found out that my co-worker Doe, her hometown is where the Columbia Triathlon is next weekend. So she's going to tell us all the good places to eat! Wahoo!

I'm looking forward to Shawn being here this weekend and taking pictures at the race this weekend. It should be a great weekend. (I really hope this cold doesn't take hold)

5 comments:

m said...

"Step two: Stop eating so much. I've put on weight.

...

So she's going to tell us all the good places to eat!"

Somehow I see these as being in contrast...ha ha.

You'll get back on track, sometimes life just gets in the way. Now that the weather is nicer it will make it more fun too!

catmarlson said...

Ha ha! Yeah, but it's race weekend, nobody counts calories on race weekend right?
Once Doe mentioned good Crab Cakes... I think I may have drooled a bit :-)

CSquared said...

I also found it humorous that you indicated your eating too much, but one of the advantages of the next locale was where to eat.

GC said...

Did somebody say crab cakes?????
MMmmmmm...........

m said...

Frito says its ok, he drools a lot to.